Monday, September 6, 2010

My niece...the life of the party!!!

This post is about my niece. If any of you know my niece, you know she's the life of the party. She's so funny. She always has something funny to say and she can laugh at herself too which is a GREAT quality in a kid. She is friendly. She loves people so much. She befriends the friendless and jumps right in to include herself in everything. A friend of mine told me a story about when Jacob was supposed to start going to the Encounter Kids class at church. He turned 4 and he was finally moving up from the nursery. We didn't go that night, but my friend said she told her, "we can't start yet we have to wait for Jacob." How sweet that she would care so much about him that she wanted to make sure he didn't miss anything.

She has such a love for life. She asks a million different questions about everything, because she desires so much to know so much. The world is her oyster and she wants to soak it all up!!!! All the stories my brother and sister in law tell me about her are just amazing!!!!

But....this story is really about how my 5 year old niece has it right!!! She was at our house on Wednesday night. I made them breakfast for dinner. We were eating dinner and I said "I forgot to call you on your first day of school to ask you how your day went. I'm so sorry."

Her response to me was, "Aimster, that's alright sometimes things come up."

What a true example of unconditional love, unwavering forgiveness and the heart of a child.

Today I thank God for my niece and nephews. They keep you on your feet but also keep your mind on the good and teach the ability to throw out the bad.

No comments: