Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Raise your cups....a toast.....

Yesterday was my last day of work. After what seemed like an eternity, I am FINALLY a stay-at-home mom again. So today I want to tribute this post to my sister. Who, through her unselfishness has taken my kids in every day for what seemed like an eternity that neither one of us really thought was ever going to come to an end. Mostly because we really didn't think I would have the courage to quit....but it did come to an end.

Every day we had lunch together, and every day she listened to me say "I hate working...well, I like my job so if I need a job this is the one I want" and every day she watched as I would start to talk about getting ready to leave 15 minutes before I was really supposed to start and she would count down the time until I finally got up to leave 5 minutes after I was supposed to start (my boss and I had an agreement...my start time was somewhat flexible)...and every day at that 5 minute point she would try to convince me to call in sick. She taught the kids a song....not go not go not diggity go...to the theme of the hot dog song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse....which only made it so much harder to leave my kids and go to work. :(

She told me about times when she would sit on the couch with Jacob during everyone elses nap and he would let her know all the things we have at our house that she doesn't have at her house. :) She spoiled him with popcorn and movies practically everyday....and turned him on to the world of chocolate milk. She has touched his life in more ways that I can describe.

I am really not sure that my sister knows how much she helped us out by watching our kids. She made a lot of things possible for us. We both appreciate her willingness so much! I know it was hard at times and though she loves our kids, they can be VERY frustrating. But she did it day after day...so today....I'm thankful for my sister, who over the past few years has become more than just my sister, she's my friend and I love her.

No comments: